This training is intended for technicians and engineers: computer scientist, Land Administrators, geographer, urban planner, demographer, topographer, surveyor, public works, highways, environment, forest management, agriculture, fishing, conservation, public health ...
This 5-days ArcGIS training course is aimed at those who are:
New to the ArcGIS Desktop software (or to GIS), or those at a novice level or middle level Through a combination of tutor led teaching and hands-on exercises it aims to give users confidence to use the power of GIS and ArcGIS to display, manipulate and analyse information geographically, with the result that they are able to make more informed decisions.
- The Introduction to ArcGIS - Part 1 course covers basic data manipulation and presentation - it will show you how to use and create Map Documents and Layers in ArcMap, and how to make best use of the Catalog. You will also learn different ways of interacting with features on the map, how to define and save symbols for features, and how to present data in a layout.
- The Introduction to ArcGIS Part 2 course covers basic data analysis, editing and importing - it will show you how to write a query to select specific features; how to bring in data from an external source such as Excel; how to set up an attribute join to visualise such data on the map; how to create shapefiles and geodatabases; how to edit existing map features and create new ones using the edit toolbar.
- ArcGIS Advanced Part 1 leans more towards topics concerning data analysis and presentation. The course explains the benefits of the Geodatabase format, explores the more advanced functions relating to everyday operations such as Labelling, Symbology Editing and Layouts, and introduces the software's Reporting function.
- ArcGIS Advanced Part 2 leans more towards topics concerning data editing and data processing. The course explains the more advanced data capture functions & keyboard shortcuts, and shows how to use the Field Calculator for smart attribute editing. It will also demonstrate the use of the ArcToolbox menus for geoprocessing, and introduce the concept of Modelbuilder for the automation of repetitive workflows. It will also show how to do sampling and creation of geodatabase files and MAPS.ME.
What to expect from your ArcGIS training with GLODARIS GIS at Venue:-
- Air-conditioned training room
- Experienced trainer with sense of humour
- Provision of Relevant data with worked examples
- Hands-on interactive approach
- No more than 8 trainees per course
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Comprehensive training course manual
- Certificate on course completion
- 30 days (email-based) GIS Lifebelt technical support
Introduction to ArcGIS - Part 1 Training Courses
- ArcGIS Training - Intro Part 1
- Introduction to ArcGIS
- Getting Your Bearings
- Interacting with the Map
- Working with Map Layers
- Map Presentation
Introduction to ArcGIS - Part 2 Training Courses
- Using External Data Sources
- Selections and Queries
- Editing Features and Attributes
- Working with Tables
Advanced Part 1 Training Training Courses
ArcGIS Advanced Part 1
- Advanced Labelling
- Data Output/Storage
- Advanced Symbology
- Graphs and Reports
- Working with Rasters
- ArcToolbox and Geoprocessing
Advanced Part 2 Training Courses
- GIS mapping of most at risk populations (MARPS)
- GIS Mapping of health facilities and health resources
- IDP Camp Mapping
- GIS mapping of priority public health problems (HIV and AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis)
- Facility camp Mapping
|220000||Monday-Friday||Churchgate C Tower 4th floor, Plot 473, Constitution Avenue, CBD Abuja FCT||Apply|